Going natural seems to be all the rage nowadays—and why not, given the unpleasantness we’ve seen from some of our synthetic solutions to natural problems? Natural food and natural remedies can be a good, chemical-free way of dealing with our everyday issues without relying too much on manmade and suspect chemical concoctions. Below we list 5 natural herbs to consider keeping in stock for health reasons, as they can help with your bodily (and for some, even emotional) maintenance.
- Kratom – A very good herb to keep in stock, kratom (mitragyna speciosa) is known among users as an enjoyable sedative-stimulant that mimics many of the characteristics of opiates like Oxycodone. This makes it a powerful analgesic, one that you can use to replace morphine and other opiates if you find them dulling your mind too much for comfort. Kratom can also be a good herb to keep on hand if you suffer from stress, as it wicks away anxieties very effectively with its sedative powers.
- Cloves – Cloves are powerfully antibacterial—so much so that the oil extracted from them can often outdo synthetic antiobiotics. Beyond that, they are also very effective at pain relief, especially for toothaches. You need only take some cloves if you have a toothache, put them in your mouth next to the affected tooth, then let them soften in your saliva until you can chew them lightly to get the natural oils out. Afterwards, hold them next to the tooth for about 20 minutes or until the pain goes away.
- Garlic – Antifungal and antibacterial, garlic is great for dealing with infections and the common cold. It is also a strong antioxidant, an effective blood thinner (reducing clots), and a powerful maintenance herb for the cardiovascular system through its cholesterol-reducing mechanism.
- Ginger – This excellent digestive aid and nausea-inhibitor is also a fantastic anti-inflammatory herb, making it a superb treatment for people with inflammatory problems such as arthritic pains.
- Mustard – Mustard may be a strong anti-cancer herb, but besides that, it is also good for the circulatory system and effective for treating congestion.